Famous Quotes by Famous Composers
Composers don't only have a way of expressing themselves
through music, they also do so beautifully in words. Here
is my Top 10 list of Music Quotes by Famous Composers.
I hope you'll find inspiration in their words. 1. Johann
Sebastian Bach - "There's nothing remarkable about it.
All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time
and the instrument plays itself."
2. Ludwig van Beethoven - "To play without passion is
3. Johannes Brahms - "Without craftsmanship, inspiration
is a mere reed shaken in the wind."
4. Frederic Chopin - "Simplicity is the final achievement.
After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more
notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward
5.George Frideric Handel - "Whether I was in my body or
out of my body as I wrote it I know not. God knows."
6. Franz Joseph Haydn - "Young people can learn from my
example that something can come from nothing. What I have
become is the result of my hard efforts."
7. Felix Mendelssohn - "Even if, in one or other of them,
I had a particular word or words in mind, I would not
tell anyone, because the same word means different things
to different people. Only the songs say the same thing,
arouse the same feeling, in everyone - a feeling that
can't be expressed in words."
8. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - "Neither a lofty degree of
intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the
making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of
9. Franz Schubert - "Some people come into our lives,
leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same."
10. Pyotr Ilich Tchaikovsky - "I sit down to the piano
regularly at nine-o'clock in the morning and Mesdames
les Muses have learned to be on time for that rendezvous."